BeZero Carbon is a global ratings agency for the Voluntary Carbon Market. We distribute our ratings via our SaaS Product, BeZero Carbon Markets, informing all market participants on how to price and manage risk. Our ratings and research tools support buyers, intermediaries, investors and carbon project developers.
Founded in April 2020, our 120+ strong team combines climatic and earth sciences, sell-side financial research, earth observation, machine learning, data and technology, engineering, and public policy expertise. We work from four continents.
Having raised a significant Series B funding round in late 2022, we are rapidly growing as a company, accelerating the Net-Zero transition through ratings.
BeZero is at a very exciting stage - we’ve had rapid growth over the last year, bringing in exceptional people across different disciplines, geographies and skill sets. We’re more focused than ever on investing in the team we’ve built, and creating an environment where they can do their best work. We’re looking for a People Partner to help us progress an ambitious People strategy that sees us designing and building a people architecture fit for a fast-growing company, as well as continuing to develop a great employee experience.
We’re looking for a generalist, excited both by the context we are operating in, and the breadth of the work on offer. There’s a huge range of activities to get involved in, with the scope of our work covering People Operations, Employee Relations and Business Partnering, as well as project workstreams like Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Performance and Compensation, and Leadership development.
You’d be joining our current team of 3, made up of our Director of People, Senior People Partner and People Ops Analyst. We also have an internal Talent function who we partner with closely as we continue to scale.
- Business partnering with junior- and mid-level stakeholders to understand needs and requirements, design appropriate solutions, and deliver – or coach managers through delivery
- Dealing directly with employees to help resolve employee relations cases, as well as acting as a key point of contact for employees across the business
- Driving and collaborating on a wide range of strategic People projects that aim to make both structural and cultural improvements at BeZero
- Continue to implement, develop and improve our core People systems, infrastructure and processes, in close coordination with our Operations, Finance and Talent teams
You will be our ideal candidate if:
- You’ve got experience bringing value to a scaling company in a People function, with specific experience driving culture-related projects (e.g. DE&I, L&D, Leadership development), and you’re full of ideas for things that have worked well and things you would do differently if you could do it again!
- You’re in your element when coaching, influencing, and supporting others
- You’re passionate about creating an environment in which people can do their best work
- You’re able to operate independently and can comfortably take ownership of projects with limited supervision, from scoping to delivery
- You’re comfortable prioritising and re-prioritising tasks in a fast-paced environment based on a clear and up-to-date understanding of business needs
- You’re flexible, and comfortable (and excited!) with a role where your day-to-day focus will vary
Please know that even if you don’t have experience in all the areas above but think you could do a great job and are excited about building a great company culture, bringing transparency to the voluntary carbon market, and being part of a fast-growing team, we would love to hear from you!
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary and opportunity for equity in a rapidly growing VC-backed start-up through share options
- Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Opportunity to work in a cross-cutting role, interacting with lots of different parts of the business
- Growth opportunities that come from working at a fast-paced VC-backed technology business
- Opportunity to work remote or in our Central London office space (Old Street) with flexibility to work from home + some flexibility over working location during the summer
- Regular social events
- 25 days leave (with additional time off between Christmas and New Year, and for your birthday)
- Private medical insurance, dental, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance, medical cash plan, cycle to work scheme, and a health and wellness cash allowance
We value diversity at BeZero Carbon. We need a team that brings different perspectives and backgrounds together to build the tools needed to make the voluntary carbon market transparent. We’re therefore committed to not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, age, or disability.