Applied is the platform for debiased hiring. We’re pushing back against outdated hiring practices by redesigning the process to be more inclusive and better for candidates. Our product is born out of scientific research, data-driven methodologies and is leaving CVs behind to surface the best candidates. Our mission is to supercharge the worlds social mobility by upending how people get hired.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to work within our growing commercial team, helping Applied to scale, and connecting us with even more forward-thinking organisations. You’ll grow your own portfolio of clients and help shape the future of the business. We’re looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the day-to-day sales rhythm, while also spotting opportunities for improvement and expansion.
We have an amazing product, used by the likes of Comic Relief, Unicef, and Habito, who find a 3x improvement in interview-to-offer rate, a 2-4x improvement in people of colour being hired, and a 66% reduction in time spent on recruitment.
People need to feel the value of it and this is where you come in.
We believe that diverse and inclusive teams both perform better and make for a richer work life. As such we’re open to candidates wherever they’ve derived their skill and passion for this role. We’re looking for someone who’s impatient to deliver and keen to get stuck in and exhibits the following characteristics:
- You will be energised by the prospect of talking to customers and enjoy working out what makes people tick.
- Empowered by an entrepreneurial environment - you’re a self-starter, can work autonomously but can motivate and influence the wider team.
- Resilient and determined, able to pick yourself up after a set back, work out what went wrong and have another go.
- Passion for improving workplaces - whether it’s diversity and inclusion or culture, you’ll love what you do and want a world where everyone is free to be their true selves in a job they love
- A love for learning - in a startup, none of us have all of the answers, so an openness and willingness to constantly learn is essential.
- Motivated and proactive - following up with clients to keep the momentum of conversations going, and not letting things slip through the net.
In your first 6 months at Applied you'll:
- Work closely with the Head of Sales and sales team, being trained in best-in-class sales tech and be coached on Applied's product and pains that it solves.
- Reach out to potential new clients in creative and scalable ways.
- Develop your own pipeline by understanding customer pains and introducing our solutions at the right time.
- Own opportunities and close new accounts, driving revenue for the business.
- Represent Applied at industry events and using your fabulous networking skills.
- Develop a scientific and data-driven approach to sales to work out what is working and what is not.
You'll benefit from:
- Equity in the business
- Wellbeing benefit and access to Spill
- Remote working budget
- Internet stipend
- Learning & development budget + progression support
- Involved in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
- Being part of something that's both commercially successful and socially important
We’re working remotely first and use Desana as our office subscription.
Our general aim is to have 2 away days throughout the year so we can all meet in person at least a few times a year.
The way you apply is to experience the product first hand.
Our process is progressive. Instead of submitting a CV, you’ll answer 4 work-related questions. In shortlisting, your answers will be anonymised, randomised, and reviewed by the team. Our goal is to assess your approach to a problem, and better understand what knowledge and skills you have. Our advice is to read the question carefully and answer in full as we will never look at your CV or ask for a cover letter.
We use these scores to shortlist for interview where we will do a roleplay session, a case-study, and then a reverse interview where you get to ask us questions.
We also think giving feedback is incredibly valuable for candidates, so at the end of the process you'll see how well you performed during the application process.
We do NOT provide visas in order to move to the UK, so please only apply if you have a right to work in the country where you reside in.